What do you do if you are ill-fated enough to run over one of those unfortunate things? Here’s a quick checklist to keep on hand.
- Check your alignment, suspension and steering.
- Does your vehicle pull to one side? Does it vibrate, bounce, or sway? Does it seem like you have less control since hitting the pothole?
When it’s safe to pull over:
- Check your tires and wheels.
- Look for any bumps, dents, or scratches in the sidewall and wheel rim. Also check your tire pressure.
When you get to your destination:
- Check you tires and tire pressure again. Damage to tires may not be immediately apparent.
- Report it so it can be fixed. If you’re in the Indianapolis area, call the Mayor’s Action Center at 317-327-4622 or submit a request here.
As always, if you have any doubts about whether a pothole caused any damage, bring your vehicle into Jiffy Lube for a proper inspection. Our certified technicians will examine your tires, wheels, alignment, suspension, and steering for any indication of a problem so you can Leave Worry Behind and get back on the road safely.