When the temperatures begin to drop, problems with your vehicle’s vital components can emerge. One of the most serious issues with cold temperatures is stress on your radiator and cooling system. A properly functioning cooling system carries heat away from the engine to maintain the correct operating temperature—preventing overheating or freezing.
Now through November 30, 2021, you can save $20 on an Antifreeze/Coolant Exchange at a Jiffy Lube of Indiana location when you use code: 4CMXJ2
How Does Cold Weather Affect the Radiator?
Don’t give your vehicle the cold shoulder—fall is a good time to get your vehicle’s cooling system checked before the winter months arrive. Here are some risks of an un-checked radiator:
- Without an appropriate mixture of antifreeze/coolant and water, the engine can freeze.
- If water freezes inside the radiator it could cause the radiator or engine block to crack.
- Radiator Hoses are also subject to cracks due to cold temperatures
- If the radiator freezes, cracks, and/or leaks fluid it could cause a myriad of problems.
How to Maintain Good Radiator Health:
During extremely hot or cold months, make it a habit to check the fluid levels in the cooling system on a regular basis. (See how-to video below.) If your fluids are low, you can visit any Jiffy Lube of Indiana location for professional advice on the right mix of coolant/antifreeze to water.
Jiffy Lube Radiator Antifreeze/Coolant Service - Save $20!
When it comes to the health of your vehicle’s cooling system, regular maintenance is the best policy for preventing problems from developing in the first place. Our Coolant System services include:
- Visually inspecting the radiator and hoses for leaks
- Evacuating the old antifreeze/coolant
- Refilling the cooling system with the appropriate type and amount of antifreeze/coolant based on your manufacturer’s specifications.
* This service is available at most Jiffy Lube of Indiana locations. Visit our store locator for specific addresses and phone numbers.
Winter can be rough on your vehicle. Jiffy Lube of Indiana is here to help you take care of all your preventative maintenance needs. Stop by your nearest Jiffy Lube of Indiana Location for the peace of mind you need this winter.