- March 5, 2015
- By admin
- In Maintenance Tips, Vehicle Maintenance, Winter Weather
- Tags brakes and services, Defrost, engine, exhaust, heater, Jiffy Lube of Indiana, lights, vehicle maintenance, winter tips, winter travel, winter weather, wiper blades
Winter keeps on going and so do our tips for your vehicle. Winter is a serious downer in the world of motor vehicles. Inclement, cold weather can put a serious damper on the vital parts of your vehicle. Here is a list of helpful ways to keep your vehicle in check this winter.
- Check that your defrosters and heaters work properly. If your heaters are cool or your defrosters keep your windshields foggy, get them checked and fixed before they cause a problem out on the road.
- Check your wiper blades to make sure they work properly. Inspect the blades themselves. Run a damp cloth along the blade to clean off any dirt and bugs that will hamper your wiper performance. Then test your wipers. If they leave streaks, get them replaced as soon as possible.
- Winter weather exacerbates problems with your vehicle, including rough idling, trouble starting and poor MPG. Get your engine checked before winter takes a toll.
- Get your exhaust system checked. A leak in your exhaust can cause harmful gases, including carbon monoxide, to buildup in the cabin of your vehicle. This is a danger to the health of you and whoever else is in your vehicle.
- Inspect all interior and exterior lights to make sure they work properly and are aimed in the right direction. Replace lights if needed and make adjustments if needed.
Need help? Just stop by your local Jiffy Lube of Indiana and our qualified technicians will be happy to help. The Jiffy Lube of Indiana’s Signature Service Oil Change will give your vehicle the preventative maintenance it needs to make it through winter.
Photo Credit: “samantha celera”