- August 22, 2018
- By Erin Davidson
- In Jiffy Lube Indiana, Maintenance Tips, Vehicle Maintenance
- Tags brakes and services, Coupons, Discounts, Jiffy Lube, Jiffy Lube of Indiana, maintenance tips, Promotions, Safety, tire rotation, tire rotation services, tires, vehicle maintenance, Vehicle Maintenance Basics
Most experts recommend you rotate your tires every 5,000 to 7,000 miles, but is that really necessary?
If you answered, “yes,” you’re right!
You’ll get the most miles out of your tires by regularly rotating them to help evenly distribute wear and tear. A good way to remember when to rotate your tires is to get them rotated at every oil change. Tire rotation can also help improve your vehicle’s fuel economy. And more miles per gallon mean more dollars in your pocket.
Why Do Tires Wear Unevenly?
Let’s take a moment to think about how we drive. A front-wheel drive vehicle will have uneven wear on the front tires. This is because your front wheel axle is getting power from the engine. The front tires take care of all the steering responsibilities and also take the weight when the brakes are applied and the car shifts forward.
When you start to think about how often you brake while turning a corner, make an abrupt U-turn, and your driving style, you begin to understand why most tires will exhibit some form of wear.
Keep Your Car Rolling
Our tire rotation service can extend the life of your tires, improve your gas mileage, and ensure that your vehicle handles in a steady and predictable manner when you need to make a sudden turn or stop. Just a few minutes of maintenance will keep your tires going ‘round and ‘round.
– Checking tire pressure
– Inspecting tires to identify visible damage or abnormal wear patterns
– Rotating tires according to the pattern recommended by your vehicle manufacturer
– Installing lug nuts/bolts to the proper torque specifications
Get 1/2 OFF our Tire Rotation Services from September 1 through November 30, 2018, at all Jiffy Lube of Indiana stores with coupon code TR50.
Maintain the life of your tires with proper inflation, tire rotation, and balancing. Tire Rotation Services are available at all Jiffy Lube of Indiana locations in Central and Northern Indiana. Visit our Store Locator for specific addresses and stop by to see if it’s time to have those tires rotated. No appointment necessary! We also offer brakes, tune-ups, and minor repair services at these locations.