Girl Scouts of Central Indiana & Jiffy Lube of Indiana
Our team is partnering up with the Girl Scouts of Central Indiana so Scouts can earn their Car Care badges!
Badge Step #1: Get a Handle on Basic Car Maintenance:
- – How to check your oil level: Video
- – How to jump start your vehicle: Video and Article
- – How to check your tire treads: Video
- – Understanding gasoline grades: Article
Badge Step #2: Investigate Vehicle Safety:
- – Click here to download a glossary of dashboard lights
- – Important ways to prepare your car for winter: Article
- – 4 signs you need new wiper blades: Article
- – What to do if your headlights are cloudy or yellowed: Article
Badge Step #3: Research Safe Driving Techniques:
- – How to curb aggressive driving: Article
- – Which lane should you use to pass? Article
- – Important things to know about parallel parking: Article
- Is it still important to learn to drive a stickshift? Article
- Staying safe during long road trips: Article
Badge Step #4: Find Out What to Do in An Emergency:
Click here to download your emergency kit checklist. This is a list of materials to keep in your trunk to stay prepared for anything on the road ahead.
Are you a Troop Leader interested in coordinating an in-person or virtual car care clinic for your Troop? We’d be happy to host you. Please reach out to our Guest Services Director at email@example.com with the subject line “Girl Scouts” to set up a clinic.