The state of Indiana wants, and expects, you to drive safely this upcoming Thanksgiving weekend. Jiffy Lube of Indiana encourages you to stay sober and keep your car maintained for optimum driving conditions.
EVANSVILLE – Thanksgiving is just a couple of weeks away, and Indiana State Police want motorists to know they will be out in full force, looking for impaired drivers.
Beginning Friday, November 11th, State Police, along with nearly 300 other Indiana law enforcement agencies, will take part in the annual Click it or Ticket Safe Family Travel campaign.
The campaign will include sobriety checkpoints and saturation patrols, targeting impaired and unrestrained drivers.
In 2010, 754 people died on Indiana roads. Of those, 54 percent were found to be unrestrained.
Indiana State Police offer the following tips to ensure a safe holiday season for everyone:
- If you are planning to travel, make sure you are well rested, a fatigued driver is a dangerous driver.
- Avoid tailgating; remember the two-second rule.
- Make sure everyone is buckled up.
- Don’t use your cell phone while driving.
- Don’t drink and drive
- Move over and slow down for emergency and highway service vehicles.