- June 11, 2012
- By AW
- In Summer Tips
Simple tire maintenance can both increase the life of your tires and optimize your gas mileage. Driving with over or under inflated tires can weaken your tires, cause uneven wear and impact your gas mileage.
Here are a few simple tasks you can do in order to optimize the life of your tires and keep you safe on the road.
- Check your tire pressure regularly. You can find the proper tire pressure in your owner’s manual or on a decal often located in your vehicle’s door jamb. For the most accurate reading, check the pressure when the tire is cold or at air temperature
- Make sure to check the spare too!
- Rotate your tires regularly. Tires on your car tend to wear in different places depending on where they are on your car. Rotating your tires will even out the wear and optimize the life of your tires
- Balance your tires. Will decrease vibration of your tires and optimize tire life
- Check the wear on your tires. Use the penny test. Insert a penny, upside down, into the grooves of your tire. If you can see Lincoln’s entire head, then you may need to replace your tires.
JIffy Lube of Indiana locations will check and fill the air in your tires to the specifications of your vehicle as part of The Jiffy Lube Signature Service Oil Change.
Jiffy Lube of Indiana locations will also help guide you to the best possible tire maintenance for your vehicle.
Photo Credit: KingRobertII