We all have the ability to minimize our impact on the environment. Just by taking a few easy steps, we can reduce our environmental footprint and make that fresh air just a little more fresh.
Optimizing your driving style is one way to “drive green.” Read more to find out how to reduce the environmental impact of your vehicle and increase fuel economy by driving carefully!
Think you’ve done everything you can to make your vehicle a green machine? The choices you make while driving can actually improve your fuel economy, too. Here’s how to drive wisely:
- Drive at the speed limit. According to the EPA, driving at 55mph rather than 65mph can improve your gas mileage by as much as 15%.
- Use cruise control. Utilizing cruise control on the highway will help you maintain a constant speed, which will in most cases improve your fuel economy.
- Don’t idle. It actually requires less gas to turn the vehicle back on than to let it idle.
- Reduce the vehicle’s weight. Avoid keeping unnecessary items in your vehicle, especially heavy ones. An extra 100 pounds in your vehicle could reduce your MPG by up to 2%, according to the United States Department of Energy.
- Carpool. It may sound simple, but carpooling not only preserves gas, but it also eases congestion on heavily traveled roads during rush hour.
Jiffy Lube of Indiana wants to help you “drive green.” Environmental stewardship can greatly impact the life of your vehicle, your pocketbook, and keep our planet healthy for future generations to enjoy.
Photo Credit: “margonaut”