When you hear “severe driving conditions,” you might think of blizzards, deserts, or high winds. However, most people are surprised to find out what “severe driving conditions” entail. If you find yourself in one or more of the following severe conditions, then you need to service your vehicle more regularly than normal.
“Severe” driving conditions include one or more of the following:
- driving in stop and go traffic
- driving in extremely hot or cold temperatures
- driving at prolonged higher engine speeds
- taking multiple trips averaging 5 to 10 miles in length
- frequent cold start-ups and shut downs
- extensive engine idling
- towing and/or hauling heavy loads
- driving in dusty or muddy conditions
- driving in mountainous terrain
Jiffy Lube of Indiana locations help diagnose your specific driving conditions and help you set up a customized maintenance schedule that will prolong the life of your car. Jiffy Lube of Indiana also keeps a service history on your vehicle which can be accessed at any Jiffy Lube location.
Photo Credit: “zoonabar”