indA few easy and inexpensive maintenance steps can keep your vehicle on the road and out of the shop. The following is a list of 5 easy maintenance tips that will help maximize the life of your vehicle.
- Be familiar with your driving conditions and make sure your see your owner’s manual for your vehicle’s specific maintenance schedule.
- Change your oil and oil filter as recommended by your manual.
- Keep your tires filled to the proper levels. This maximizes gas mileage and the life of your tires. The proper tire pressure is located in the doorjam of your vehicle. Make sure to check your spare tire too!
- Check your air filter. A dirty/clogged filter inhibits engine performance and hurts your gas mileage.
- Check your vital fluids often. It is recommended to check them every time you fill your car. See your owner’s manual on how to check each fluid. Vital fluids include:
- Engine oil
- Coolant level
- Washer fluid
- Power Steering
- Automatic transmission
- Brake fluid
Jiffy Lube of Indiana locations will check all 5 of these steps as part of The Jiffy Lube Signature Service Oil Change.
Jiffy Lube of Indiana locations will also help guide you to the best possible maintenance schedule for your vehicle in order to keep it on the road.