The function of an air conditioner is to help remove the heat and humidity from inside the passenger compartment of the vehicle. Powered by a belt, the air conditioning compressor compresses the refrigerant to pressurize it and pump it through the system. The refrigerant is pushed through a valve where pressure and temperature are reduced. The now-cool refrigerant travels through the evaporator in the passenger compartment. As a result, cooled air is blown into your vehicle. This refrigerant returns to the compressor, where the cycle begins once again.
Our service is designed as a periodic maintenance service rather than a detailed troubleshooting or repair service. Jiffy Lube technicians are certified through an EPA approved training program. Jiffy Lube technicians begin the service by checking for signs of leaks.
Jiffy Lube certified technicians:
- visually inspect the air conditioning compressor drive belt for cracks or damage,
- visually inspect accessible components for leaks or damage,
- check the operation of the air conditioning compressor and other air conditioning components,
- evacuate refrigerant from the system,
- vacuum test the system, and
- recharge the air conditioning system using the appropriate refrigerant to the system capacity according to the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
Performing this service helps improve the cooling efficiency resulting in a more comfortable cabin temperature. It also helps preserve the life of the air conditioning system.
Bring your vehicle into your local Jiffy Lube of Indiana today and make sure you’re A/C is operating at maximum strength.
Photo Credit: “navets”