If you’ve lived in Indiana for any amount of time, you know that our summers can get H-O-T. But a little cool breeze from your air conditioning can make a big difference.
Regular preventive maintenance keeps your vehicle’s air conditioning system operating at its peak. That way, you won’t have to worry if your AC will keep up!
How AC Works
Your air conditioner helps remove heat and humidity from inside your passenger compartment. Powered by a belt, the air conditioning compressor compresses the refrigerant to pressurize it and pump it through the system. The refrigerant is pushed through a valve where pressure and temperature are reduced. The now-cool refrigerant travels through the evaporator in the passenger compartment. As a result, cool air is blown into your vehicle. This refrigerant returns to the compressor, where the cycle begins once again.
What is an AC Recharge?
An AC Recharge can improve your cooling efficiency resulting in a more comfortable cabin temperature. It also helps preserve the life of your air conditioning system. Our Jiffy Lube of Indiana technicians are specially certified through an EPA approved training program to perform this service.
First, a certified technician will check for signs of leaks. Next, one of our technicians will:
- Visually inspect the AC compressor drive belt for cracks or damage
- Inspect interior AC cabin filter
- Visually inspect accessible components for leaks or damage
- Check the operation of the AC compressor and other AC components
- Evacuate refrigerant from the system
- Vacuum test the system
- Recharge the AC system using the appropriate refrigerant to the system capacity according to the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications
These services are available at most Jiffy Lube locations in Central and Northern Indiana. Visit our Store Locator for specific addresses and stop by to see how your vehicle could benefit from a AC Recharge.